Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Chocolaty Brownies

CHOCOLATE!!!!!  For years I spent all my money on box brownie mixes whenever I felt like eating this delicious treat.  Don't get me wrong, box brownies mixes are delicious but I just like the feeling of making something completely from scratch. Three years ago I finally found the best recipe (with a few alterations)ever.  




Every time I feel like eating something chocolaty,  brownies are my go to chocolate treat!  Nothing can beat a batch of freshly baked homemade brownies with a glass of ice cold milk.  There are so many different types of toppings that you can put on and/or in brownies to make them a little more special.  I decided to make brownies with a marshmallow topping and it is to die for!  The marshmallows are golden, gooey and slightly crisp like roasted marshmallows.  In my opinion adding the marshmallow topping truly compliments the flavor of the brownies. (like s'mores without the graham crackers, YUMMM!)


Chocolaty Brownie Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips 
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (cut into 8 pieces) 
  • 3 tablespoon cocoa powder (I used Ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa powder) 
  • 3 large eggs 
  • 1 1/4 cup sugar 
  • 2 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt 
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour 
  • 2 cup marshmallows
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line 9x13 brownie pan with non stick foil (you can also use regular foil but remember to spray with cooking spray so that it is non-stick)
  2. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt.  Whisk for about 15 seconds just until everything is incorporated. Put aside.
  3. Melt chocolate chips with butter.  When the chocolate and butter are fully melted, stir in cocoa powder.
  4. Whisk chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, add flour, fold/ stir until flour is just combined.
  5. Bake for 35-40 minutes and transfer brownie with foil onto a wire cooling rack.
Note:  
Melting the chocolate with butter methods:  

Use a double boiler and slowly melt the chocolate chips and butter. 

Put chocolate chips and butter into a microwavable bowl and microwave in 30-45 sec. increments; stirring after each additional 30- 45 sec. until both the chocolate chips and butter are melted completely.

For brownies with the marshmallow topping, sprinkle mini-marshmallows on top of the brownie 5 minutes before removing from the oven



4 comments:

  1. SO YUMMY :) Marshmallows are a great idea. Who ever inspired that idea must be pretty awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite brownie recipe I have ever eaten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tried this recipe this morning--quite a success! The kids have already devoured half of them.

    ReplyDelete