Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Jam Filled Thumbprint Cookies

Just another unproductive day I would say!  I really want to know who invented procrastination because I really I want smack them behind the head right now.  But then again if not for them, I wouldn't be able to bake all of these treats =D !  
These cookies are a must try!!! I got this recipe from my aunt a few years back and they are the best. They are soft and buttery, just melt in your mouth good.  I think I've eaten six by the time I was done with my second batch!




To make them a little more special,  I made icing to drizzle on the top each cookie.


  

I made three different flavors today: strawberry, blackberry, and raspberry and they are so delicious.  I personally prefer the raspberry one!  



Jam Filled Thumbprint Cookies Recipe
(makes 2 1/2  dozen cookies)

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, soften
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup of jam (whatever flavor you want)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Cream together butter, sugar, and egg yolks until it is light and fluffy.  Add in vanilla
  3. In a separate bowl combine flour and salt.  Stir in flour mixture into the butter mixture until well combined.
  4. Roll dough into 1-1 1/2 inch balls and placed two inches apart.  Press down the center with your thumb.
  5. Fill each cookie with 1/2 teaspoon of jam.
  6. Bake for 12-15 minutes and transfer to a wire cooling rack.
Icing (optional):
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice

Stir until smooth, add more lemon juice if needed (texture should be a little thinner than frosting)

Note:  If you are going to drizzle each cookie with sugar icing, wait for the cookies to cool completely.

2 comments:

  1. YUMMY! I've eaten way too many of these. I like them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely ate a lot of those! They are one of my favorite cookies ever!

    ReplyDelete